Lack of energy access in sub-Saharan Africa is a significant problem, with more than 600 million people currently without mains electricity supply. In Rwanda, 9.5 million people or 81% of the population cannot access mains electricity, which has a negative impact on quality of life and limits people’s chances of achieving economic prosperity.
BBOXX is helping to address this issue by providing off-grid communities in developing countries with affordable energy solutions. BBOXX customers typically use a Pay-As-You-Go payment method, which enables very low-income customers access to electricity at home that they would otherwise not be able to afford. To date BBOXX has installed more than 150,000 systems and provided around 750,000 people with access to energy.
Check out our impact here
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Chiswick, London
We are looking for a skilled Accountant to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
The Accountant responsibilities include printing supplier invoices, posting invoices; accruals and prepayments, keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
About the role
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Accounts receivables and payables management
- Provide support to company personnel in accounting questions
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge and enhancement of responsibilities depending on interest and skills
Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
Competency in MS Office and accounting software
Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
Accuracy and attention to detail
Aptitude for numbers
Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
Data entry and word processing skills
Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
Based in Chiswick, London
Competitive salary based on experience
Free breakfasts on Monday morning plus fresh fruit, hot drinks and biscuits every day :)
Regular socials - BBOXX organises monthly social events which can be proposed by anyone on the team. This could be anything from a picnic in the park to laser tag or the regular pub quiz.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.