Chief Finance Officer
Lack of energy access in sub-Saharan Africa is a significant problem, with more than 600 million people currently without mains electricity supply. In Rwanda, 9.5 million people or 81% of the population cannot access mains electricity, which has a negative impact on quality of life and limits people’s chances of achieving economic prosperity.
BBOXX is helping to address this issue by providing off-grid communities in developing countries with affordable energy solutions. BBOXX customers typically use a Pay-As-You-Go payment method, which enables very low income customers access to electricity at home that they would otherwise not be able to afford. To date BBOXX has installed more than 150,000 systems and provided around 750,000 people with access to energy.
Check out our impact here http://www.bboxx.co.uk/customers/
BBOXX DRC has a unique vision to transform households and businesses across DRC with next generation energy solutions, appliances and utility services. We have a product range that can electrify entire cities: from small households to large businesses; and we are on a mission to scale it across the country. We are looking for truly exceptional, resilient individuals to join us on our quest and ambition to create the largest utility in Congo (500K+ connections) and to make the DRC the first country in the world where the virtual distributed clean solar grid leapfrogs the physical grid within the next 5 years.
Chief Financial Officer
Location: GOMA DRC
Role Purpose: The CFO role is to direct and oversee all of the financial activities, overall financial management and systems, to include the preparation of current financial reports and forecasts for future business growth and oversee accounting, costing, procurement, tax planning as well as develop strategies to maximize return on investment.
- Participate in the development of the corporate strategy and implement operational policies and corporate plans.
- Develop annual budget and plans including forecasts and/or projections
- Evaluate, utilize, and improve accounting system to enhance functionality of financial management and reporting
- Review and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure stronger internal controls;
- Provide accurate and timely financial and management reports where appropriate;
- Monitor and control the flow of cash receipts and disbursements to meet the business and investment needs of the company.
- Oversee investments and income
- Prepare audit schedule and liaise with external auditors for periodic audit and inspections
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly tagged, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Establish rapport and communication with banks fund managers and other key stakeholders;
- Ensure accurate reporting of inter-company transactions.
- Oversee monthly stock audit, calculate and record inventory shrinkage & receivable write off
- Develop P&L as well as monthly management accounts (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow)
- Issue Board reports and perform tax filing and issue statutory reports
- Timely preparation and submission of returns to regulatory and statutory authorities
- Lead the accounting team to document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions;
- Implement and continuously update departmental workflows for Finance and client contracts in order to strengthen internal controls
- Provide guidance and direction to staff in accordance with the company policies, procedures, processes and systems in place.
- Review and submit financial records for receipts, payables and cash flows in a timely manner;
- Conducting action oriented financial and operational related analysis.
- Creating ongoing business intelligence reporting and evaluating organization through data driven metrics.
- Identifying and implementing team-upskilling and training programs.
- Management reporting, taxation, risk management, financial budgeting process, and special projects (e.g treasury management, fundraising and investor reporting).
- Chartered accountant with at least seven (7) years’ experience in an accounting position in a busy commercial environment, three (3) of which must be at senior management level.
- Member of CPA professional association or equivalent
- Experience in OHADA accounting and Africa experience a plus
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Finance & Strategic Planning experience preferably in an FMCG company or Utility Company
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contemporary financial principles and practices and reporting
- Experience in Financial Management Systems, Business/Department strategy formulation and execution
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills managing team/department performance and staff
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
- Proficient user of finance software.
Competitive market salary
Our relentless commitment to personal development and career growth
Working with the best people in the sector and making an impact to the millions of people
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status