Head of Data & Analytics
Lack of energy access in sub-Saharan Africa is a significant problem, with more than 600 million people currently without mains electricity supply. In Rwanda, 9.5 million people or 81% of the population cannot access mains electricity, which has a negative impact on quality of life and limits people’s chances of achieving economic prosperity.
BBOXX is helping to address this issue by providing off-grid communities in developing countries with affordable energy solutions. BBOXX customers typically use a Pay-As-You-Go payment method, which enables very low income customers access to electricity at home that they would otherwise not be able to afford. To date BBOXX has installed more than 150,000 systems and provided around 750,000 people with access to energy.
Check out our impact here
Title: Head of Data and Analytics
Reports to: Chief Technology and Innovation Officer
Location: Kigali, Rwanda OR London, UK (with occasional travel)
Role Purpose: To define, evolve, deliver and support BBOXX’s BI/Data vision and strategy of becoming a data driven Company, supporting decisions in a data driven way, and turning BBOXX’s data into a product/revenue generating opportunity. Build and lead the BI and Data Analysis function, own and set the long-term BI and Data strategy for the company (all data related roles will combine in this function including product data scientists and data analysts)
About the role
- Lead, coach, recruit and develop a high performing team of diverse software development and data science professionals
- Own BBOXX’s Data Insight platform, including optimising and managing the ongoing roadmap for our data warehouse and aligning this with the development of BBOXX’s wider product offering
- Lead the development of BBOXX’s predictive data capabilities across a team of data scientists and data developers.
- Establish systems and processes to control and optimise data flow, co-ordinate all other BI activities that are underway across the company
- Develop BBOXX’s Data Science team and ensure that data related projects deliver results that are relevant and timely for the business
- Build reports that are used to make critical business decisions; address stakeholder identified needs and expectations, present new opportunities through insights uncovered
- Ensure that the company’s dashboards are maintained and used by managers to make decisions on a daily basis, all the way from the CEO to the shop technicians
- Equip and support managers and analysts across the company with the best practices, skills and tools that they need to meet their specific BI needs
Experience leading a high performing team to deliver consistent results, ideally in a senior BI/Data or related role
In-depth experience of BI/Data tools, preferably Power BI, SQL and Python.
Proven success stories of how your work has been used to make critical business decisions that have delivered real business value
Excellent communicator – able to communicate successfully both with business stakeholders as well as developers, to identify and understand business requirements and translate them into well-specified requirements
Based in Chiswick, London or Kigali, Rwanda
Competitive salary based on experience.
Flexible working hours
BBOXX Sandboxx days - once a fortnight day to work on a self-driven project that you believe could have a benefit to your work or BBOXX generally
Regular socials - BBOXX organises monthly social events which can be proposed by anyone on the team. This could be anything from a picnic in the park to laser tag or the regular pub quiz
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status