Accounting Systems (IT) Specialist
Lack of energy access in sub-Saharan Africa is a significant problem, with more than 600 million people currently without mains electricity supply. In Rwanda, 9.5 million people or 81% of the population cannot access mains electricity, which has a negative impact on quality of life and limits people’s chances of achieving economic prosperity.
BBOXX is helping to address this issue by providing off-grid communities in developing countries with affordable energy solutions. BBOXX customers typically use a Pay-As-You-Go payment method, which enables very low-income customers access to electricity at home that they would otherwise not be able to afford. To date BBOXX has installed more than 150,000 systems and provided around 750,000 people with access to energy.
Check out our impact here
Title: Accounting Systems (IT) Specialist
Reports to: Financial Controller Africa
Location: London - Chiswick
The Accounting Systems (IT) Specialist is responsible for implementing and bringing BBOXX’s accounting systems to the next level. Using their extensive knowledge of the accounting software, they will advise internal customers on best practices and work with internal customers through complex requirement to configure the accounting software.
About the role
- Provide oversight/direction for BBOXX accounting systems including: system analysis,requirements documentation, Solution design, development, testing, implementation, business process documentation, and coordination/integration with other applications
- Able to interact and collaborate with all levels of staff in internal support groups including Finance, Tech Ops.
- Able to work on highly complex projects and provide advice on industry best practices for use in the configuration accounting software.
- Able to asses and troubleshoot/test accounting software during the implementation cycle.
- Offers recommendations for improving performance gaps and system options to increase efficiencies and achieve best practice standards.
- Proven track record of project management (leading small projects as an individual contributor to medium sized projects with cross functional collaboration)
- Assist in adhoc financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting projects
- Maintain, troubleshoot and resolve day to day issues with financial related applications
- Practised in gathering and documenting requirements and mapping end to end processes is crucial. Ownership of the end-to-end process will be required in this role.
- Able to work effectively across geographies and time zones.
Successfully completed accounting software implementation projects
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required (information Technology, Finance, Accounting or Business related) with minimum 5 years of financial application and systems experience
Technical understanding and hands on experience in business intelligence reporting tools such as PowerBi
Strong SQL and excel skills
Demonstrated strong technical problem-solving skills required and a self-starting attitude
Extensive knowledge of Accounting processes and month end close process
Knowledge of accounting terminology
Superior communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of contacts in a particular organization (support staff to VP’s and Controllers)
Experience in an internal customer facing role
Previous project management experience
Experience with large enterprise (ERP) systems
Self-starter and team leader
Based in Chiswick, London
Competitive salary based on experience
Free breakfasts on Monday morning plus fresh fruit, hot drinks and biscuits every day :)
Regular socials - BBOXX organises monthly social events which can be proposed by anyone on the team. This could be anything from a picnic in the park to laser tag or the regular pub quiz.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.