Sales and Agent Network Manager
JOIN THE SOLAR REVOLUTION!
BBOXX is a UK-based company providing affordable, upgradeable solar solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. With over 100,000 systems deployed so far, we have 450+ staff - working across 5 offices in the UK, China and East Africa - who are waking up every morning to work with BBOXX to electrify 20M people by 2020. We invite you to join us on this journey to electrify the world!
Title: Sales and Agent Network Manager
Reports to: Head of Strategy
Location: Kigali, Rwanda (with some travel to London, Kenya and other locations)
- To deliver sustainability and performance efficiency of our sales channels (referral, agent and sub-agent networks) through enhanced channels innovation and expansion, to drive high quality sales in East Africa against set targets.
- To lead in the development and implementation of immediate, medium and long-term sales strategies spearheaded by better data analysis and sales prediction, team optimization and capacity building, to deliver high sales, high ARPU and maintain a healthy portfolio, all against set targets.
- Manage and champion the Identification, Scoping, Implementation and Monitoring of Sales Improvement Projects
- Set and Implement Standards for Sales Channels Quality Assurance across East Africa.
- Offer leadership and guidance on sales agent network administration and ongoing sales channel management function in the region with a special focus on ensuring the agent, referral and sub-agent networks are performing optimally and delivering quality numbers for each country.
- Review the current sales agent network model, develop and implement systems to drive further efficiency from recruitment, training, performance management, compensation to the design of sales and channel tools among others.
- Building and growing the agents’ pool based on BBOXX’s strategic plan and sales’ targets across East Africa by working closely with country managements.
- Tracking and optimising the cost of acquisition of BBOXX’s clients to define new sales’ channels.
- Working closely with Legal to make sure all agent agreements and other channel models meet local regulatory requirements and are adhered to.
- Building performance monitoring and enhanced reporting systems for our sales channels.
- Working closely with the BBOXX’s marketing and academy teams to make sure agents are aware of new products and functionalities.
- Managing incentive structure for agents to retain them and keep them motivated to perform better each month.
- Any other duties within the Sales and Marketing Department as may be assigned.
- Endeavour to deliver high sales, high ARPU and maintain a healthy portfolio, against set targets for all DESCOs at all times working directly with respective countries.
- Have a 4-year university degree preferably in IT, Statistics or Business Related Field and 7 years and above experience in managing large sales teams or agent networks in a fast-paced environment.
- Field Team and project management experience is a requirement.
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, MUST be excellent in MS Excel and Data Analysis.
- Must speak fluent English. Articulacy of French is an added advantage.
Desired core competence:
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Ability to multi-task, with strong project management and decision-making skills
- EXCELLENT PEOPLE MANAGEMENT SKILLS – Brilliance in training, developing and motivating teams to perform to their best.
- ANALYTICAL: Strong analytical and numerical skills, commercial acumen, and MS Excel skills
- YOU LIVE TO MEET TARGETS: You love challenges, you are driven to reach targets. Failure is never an option. You have shown in the past an ability to meet targets independently and as a leader.
- Competitive salary and regional/international medical insurance
- Our relentless commitment to personal development and career growth
- Working with the best people in the sector and making an impact to the millions of people living in the dark
- Living and working in one of the most beautiful parts of East Africa