Global Branding & Communications Manager
JOIN THE SOLAR REVOLUTION!
BBOXX is a UK-based company providing affordable, upgradeable solar solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. With over 100,000 systems deployed so far, we have 450+ staff - working across 5 offices in the UK, China and East Africa - who are waking up every morning to work with BBOXX to electrify 20M people by 2020. We invite you to join us on this journey to electrify the world!
Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Reports to: Head of Strategy
Location: Kigali, Rwanda (with some travel to London, Kenya and other locations)
- To ensure timely sales driven design, approval, production, availability and effective distribution and use of above and below the line advertising and promotional material/activities directly and through effective management & supervision of country marketing teams.
- In consultation with the Head of Strategy, plan, direct, or coordinate marketing and communications policies and programs, such as determining the demand for BBOXX products and services offered against its competitors, lead in the implementation of an effective corporate communications strategy for BBOXX and identify next addressable target customers.
- Develop and own pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the BBOXX's profits or share of the market while ensuring the company's customers are satisfied and that all stakeholders are always adequately and timely informed of any changes in pricing as well as oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services or bundling.
- To develop and execute advertising, communication and promotional and market activation campaigns for BBOXX commercial activities. To lead in the sales and promotional activities of BBOXX products across East Africa and build attractive customer incentive schemes to drive reliable referral sales, market storming, road shows and events sales.
- To design and execute corporate communication and market research activities as approved by the Head of Strategy.
- To promote advertising opportunities to external organizations and businesses and sell those opportunities per BBOXX’s Marketing and communication Strategy to enhance the company’s brand image. To ensure the effective distribution of BBOXX promotional information and materials eg social media, mailings, in print and direct contact, Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
- To carry out administrative duties to ensure the successful operation of BBOXX’s communication and marketing activities targeting increased Sales, Increased ARPU and a Healthy Portfolio.
- Manage and champion the Identification, Scoping, Implementation and Monitoring of Marketing and Communications Improvement Projects.
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing and communication strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
- Conduct economic or market surveys to identify potential markets for products or services and map out competition key strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Offer leadership and guidance on marketing and public relations in East Africa.
- Be the primary champion in ensuring all products pricing are geared towards higher ARPU and Cash Collection and that the implementation is appropriately done in all BBOXX systems and any changes approved are timely implemented and communicated.
- Any other duties within the Sales and Marketing Department as may be assigned.
- Have a 4-year university degree preferably in Marketing, Business Development, Communication or Business Related Field and 5 years and above experience in managing large Marketing and Communication teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Marketing and Communication Projects Management experience is a requirement.
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, and research software.
- Must speak fluent English and French
- CRITICAL THINKING, CREATIVITY AND EXPRESSION: Can you think of a new innovative and viable ways of doing things? If so it will also be important to be able to put new concepts over in a way that can be readily understood. Critical thinking breeds creative thinking, which in turn solves problems.
- TECHNIC SAVVY: We hope you understand that technology will continue to advance and closely influence how marketing is accomplished and that tech savvy will help you spot technological disruptions, especially as they relate to marketing.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Ability to multi-task, with strong project management and decision-making skills
- EXCELLENT PEOPLE MANAGEMENT SKILLS – Brilliance in training, developing and motivating teams to perform to their best.
- YOU LIVE TO MEET TARGETS, YOU’RE AN ASTUTE SALESPERSON: You love challenges, you are driven to reach targets. Failure is never an option. You have shown in the past an ability to meet targets independently and as a leader.
- Competitive salary and regional/international medical insurance
- Our relentless commitment to personal development and career growth
- Working with the best people in the sector and making an impact to the millions of people living in the dark
- Living and working in one of the most beautiful parts of East Africa