Python Developer at BBOXX
Lack of energy access in sub-Saharan Africa is a significant problem, with more than 600 million people currently without mains electricity supply. In Rwanda, 9.5 million people or 81% of the population cannot access mains electricity, which has a negative impact on quality of life and limits people’s chances of achieving economic prosperity.
BBOXX is helping to address this issue by providing off-grid communities in developing countries with affordable energy solutions. BBOXX customers typically use a Pay-As-You-Go payment method, which enables very low income customers access to electricity at home that they would otherwise not be able to afford. To date BBOXX has installed more than 150,000 systems and provided around 750,000 people with access to energy.
Check out our impact here http://www.bboxx.co.uk/customers/
Title: Python Developer/Python Engineer
Reporting to: Python Development Lead
- Python Developer for BBOXX
- Design and develop new micro services using Python as we separate products from the monolithic platform and build a system that scales
- Work with exciting new cloud based technologies such as FaaS (Serverless) to implement cost effective and durable systems
- Using Python to setup integrations with new payment and SMS providers from around the world as BBOXX moves into new markets
- Be a mentor and advisor on all Python related projects to your fellow developers, giving them technical guidance and promoting best practices using Python
Proven experience as Python Developer
Great analytical and problem solving skills
Experience building RESTful web APIs
3+ years developing in web frameworks (we use Node, Flask)
Strong knowledge of OOP principles and common design patterns
Experience with modern software workflows, or willingness to adopt them (git, CI, TDD)
Software architecture knowledge
A good understanding of AWS ecosystem. Tools like S3, EC2 and Lambda
Based in Chiswick, London
Competitive salary based on experience.
Flexible working hours.
Free breakfasts on Monday morning plus fresh fruit, hot drinks and biscuits every day :)
BBOXX Sandboxx days - once a fortnight day to work on a self-driven project that you believe could have a benefit to your work or BBOXX generally.
Regular socials - BBOXX organises monthly social events which can be proposed by anyone on the team. This could be anything from a picnic in the park to laser tag or the regular pub quiz.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.